Micromax 3G usb modem on ubuntu 12.04

I am using Micromax 3G USB modem to access Internet for long time, and it was working fine with previous distribution of Ubuntu. I have recently upgraded my operating system from Ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04. After upgrading I have seen that system is not detecting my Micromax modem. Fortunately I found a very simple solution and here I am sharing it.
You have to just edit the /etc/modules file. Use this code
$ sudo gedit /etc/modules
and then add this two line at the end of the file
usbserial
option
This has worked for me. Hope this will also solve your problem.

Cheers
APaul

NB: If you are using Ubuntu 12.10 probably the above method is not working. Check this post for work around. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing caption width in latex

Subtitle in latex

Send in Email in Background in Thunderbird