How to creat short form of a long command

Some time we need to use very long command frequently for some job in Linux. And it is very irritating to write same thing again and again when using frequently. But there is an option to make command short in Linux. You have to edit .bashrc file for that using following command:
Then add the following command at the end of the file and save it,

For example I use the following command to connect my departmental server from my institute to check my departmental mail
Now if I want to make it short to suppose dmail, I can add the following line at the end of the .bashrc file

After logout and login again you can now use the New_command (say dmail) instead of full long command.

Hope this will be helpful.

Cheers
A.Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing caption width in latex

Subtitle in latex

Placing float (table or figure) at the top of the page in otherwise empty page in LaTeX